How to Pre-register Students for Next School Year
To pre-register a student for the upcoming school year, follow the steps below.
- Log into the appropriate school.
- Navigate to Start Page > School > Years & Terms and verify that the Years & Terms for the upcoming school year have been created.
- Change the term at the top of the page to the year term for the upcoming school year.
- Navigate to Start Page > Special Functions > Enroll New Student.
- Populate the fields. For enrollment date, enter the first day of next year’s school year. Also, verify that the grade level and school are correct for the upcoming school year.
- Submit the page.
Correctly pre-registering students will create a student record with an enroll status of -1 (Pre-Registered). It also creates a pending enrollment that will become active during nightly process at 12 am on the date entered on the “Enroll New Student” page.
Incorrect pre-registering can cause enrollment summary issues. Students that are incorrectly pre-registered may receive and enroll status of 0 (Active) and will be promoted during End-of-Year (EOY) process. They will also receive a dual enrollment and re-enrollment record resulting in duplicate numbers on the enrollment summary report.