The general rule is (starting grade level +1, -1 if EOY process has not been run).
1 – Student (Grade 3) comes in during the year and pre-registers a week in advance. Add 1 for the next year grade (Grade 4) so that the student moves up to the correct grade level for the following year.
2 – Student (completed Grade 3) is pre-registered in the summer for the following year. The student will be in 4th grade next year. ***If the EOY process has not been done (no one has moved up in grade levels), the student’s next year grade will be Grade 4. When the EOY process is done, the student will be enrolled in Grade 4 with a next year grade changed to Grade 5. ***If the EOY process has been done, then follow the rule in #1.
How to Pre-register Students for Next School Year
To pre-register a student for the upcoming school year, follow the steps below.
- Log into the appropriate school.
- Navigate to Start Page > School > Years & Terms and verify that the Years & Terms for the upcoming school year have been created.
- Change the term at the top of the page to the year term for the upcoming school year.
- Navigate to Start Page > Special Functions > Enroll New Student.
- Populate the fields. For enrollment date, enter the first day of next year’s school year. Also, verify that the grade level and school are correct for the upcoming school year.
- Submit the page.
Correctly pre-registering students will create a student record with an enroll status of -1 (Pre-Registered). It also creates a pending enrollment that will become active during nightly process at 12 am on the date entered on the “Enroll New Student” page.
Incorrect pre-registering can cause enrollment summary issues. Students that are incorrectly pre-registered may receive and enroll status of 0 (Active) and will be promoted during End-of-Year (EOY) process. They will also receive a dual enrollment and re-enrollment record resulting in duplicate numbers on the enrollment summary report.